Some things are just meant to go together: macaroni and cheese, Pam Beesly and Jim Halpert, a bubble bath and a glass of wine. But when it comes to bathroom decor, some pairings are less obvious.
If you’re looking to liven up your look or add value to a bathroom in your home you plan on selling, the following design ideas are sure to provide some inspiration. Here are five dreamy bathroom design pairs made in heaven:
1. Natural wood cabinetry + black walls If you have a natural wood vanity in your bathroom, this tip is for you. The painted black walls really make the wood tone pop. The mix of rustic wood and black walls is fast becoming the newest take on modern farmhouse decor. Lighter oak finishes are having a moment, and what better way to highlight them than with the dark contrast of black walls. Get the look: Complement the light wood cabinetry in your bathroom by painting the walls Midsummer Night by Benjamin Moore.
2. Brick flooring + cream-color walls Whether you start with the cream-color walls or the timeless brick flooring, there’s no denying the power of this decor combo. The design creates such a wonderfully warm bathroom with creamy walls and rustic flooring. The natural world is being brought into bathroom design lately to great effect: creamy natural colors and organic materials are all trending right now. Cream and beige tones have eclipsed gray as the neutral shades du jour. Get the look: Get in on this trend by painting your bathroom walls Pink Damask by Benjamin Moore and installing herringbone tile that looks like brick (without the brick price tag).
3. Exposed beams + a Turkish rug When you have a neutral-tone bathroom, lean on colorful, handwoven textiles to invigorate the space. We love the combination of the wood beams and the vintage Turkish rug. This combination of materials and textures creates an eclectic look that works for a variety of different design styles, from bohemian to modern. Get the look: Shop for antique Turkish rugs on Etsy, or up the warmth in your bathroom with colorful washable rugs.
4. Marble wainscoting + a bronze mirror Marble and metallics are a classic combination for the bathroom. Marble wainscoting adds a sense of sophistication and refinement to a powder room, while brass decor adds a touch of glamor. The result is a high-end and cohesive design that’s visually stunning, functional, and easy to maintain. Get the look: Combine Carrara marble tiles with a bronze mirror for an opulent powder room.
5. Vintage vanity + geometric tiles There’s nothing quite like pairing something old (like a vintage vanity) with something new (like a geometric tile backsplash). Using a vintage piece of furniture as a vanity is a great way to repurpose materials and bring true design cred to your space, while the geometric tiles climb the wall like a trellis and work to draw the eye upward. Get the look: Pair your perfectly vintage vanity with these marble mosaic tiles.